Next Membership - Board Meeting

 

The PCHS BOD meets at 6:30pm every month at the

Shepherd of the Rockies Lutheran Church

106 Rosalie Road Bailey, Colorado 80421

Everyone is welcome.

 

Park County Stories

(Click here for the best of the best.)

New Publication

The Life and Times of

Elizabeth Entriken

and

Joseph Barnett

Elizabeth Entriken travelled from Wisconsin to the Bailey area in 1864 with her sister and brother-in-law, Ann and William Bailey.  William Bailey and Reverend John Dyer, Elizabeth's and Ann's brother, built the cabin and established Bailey's Ranch.  

Elizabeth lived in the cabin from 1864 until shortly before her death in 1922. The Entriken Cabin is the only remaining structure from the original town of Bailey.  It was moved to its present location the McGraw Memorial Park in 1973.

Joseph Barnett was the first school teacher of Platte Canon who taught the three Rís to the children of the first settlers in a little school house that he built long before the coming of the railroad in the 1878. Joseph lived in a log cabin that remains today in its original location in Bailey.

The Roberts Tunnel DVD
featuring interviews with
Kenn Hicks and Clyde Johnson

Quantities are limited - Order yours now from the Merchandise Section

 


The Park County Historical Society is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization

Park County Historical Society - All Rights Reserved